Support Forums
Renumber wires based on ladder zones.

When I create a circuit in my drawing and then want to copy it multiple times the wires all inherit their numbering from the previous circuit. This causes it to totally ignore the auto numbering from the ladder grid. That makes either copying a useless feature or the automatic Ladder Zone almost useless. I understand that we do sometimes want inherited numbering. I think I should be able to use the renumber feature using the Ladder Zone as the reference. Am I missing something?
I am creating a drawing using the trial. We are considering switching from Autocad to E9.

When I create a circuit in my drawing and then want to copy it multiple times the wires all inherit their numbering from the previous circuit. This causes it to totally ignore the auto numbering from the ladder grid. That makes either copying a useless feature or the automatic Ladder Zone almost useless. I understand that we do sometimes want inherited numbering. I think I should be able to use the renumber feature using the Ladder Zone as the reference. Am I missing something? I am creating a drawing using the trial. We are considering switching from Autocad to E9.

Hi Adam,

The "Renumber symbols/wires in ladder zones" setting are likely disabled, causing the issue. Please go to File | Preferences | Electra Options and ensure the setting is enabled as below:

619eea50c98cd

If the option is selected and the problem remains, we'd like to gather further information, such as:

1. Could you please press F12 | Console and share with us a screenshot of the console tab while replicating the issue.
  2. Please send the drawing to [email protected] so that we can properly investigate the issue.

Thanks in advance.

We're also thrilled to know that you're considering buying Electra E9. Allow us to take this opportunity to offer one of the most significant discounts on the Electra E9 perpetual license this year. We strongly suggest you to take advantage of the Early Bird deal, which is only available until 11:59 p.m. EST on November 25th, 2021.

We truly hope you will take the aforementioned suggestions into consideration. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us; we will respond as quickly as possible.

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,
The Electra Support Team

Hi Adam, The "Renumber symbols/wires in ladder zones" setting are likely disabled, causing the issue. Please go to File | Preferences | Electra Options and ensure the setting is enabled as below: ![619eea50c98cd](serve/attachment&path=619eea50c98cd) If the option is selected and the problem remains, we'd like to gather further information, such as: 1. Could you please press F12 | Console and share with us a screenshot of the console tab while replicating the issue. 1. Please send the drawing to [email protected] so that we can properly investigate the issue. Thanks in advance. We're also thrilled to know that you're considering buying Electra E9. Allow us to take this opportunity to offer one of the most significant discounts on the Electra E9 perpetual license this year. We strongly suggest you to take advantage of the [Early Bird](https://radicasoftware.com/black-friday-2021#early_bird.id) deal, which is only available until 11:59 p.m. EST on November 25th, 2021. We truly hope you will take the aforementioned suggestions into consideration. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us; we will respond as quickly as possible. Have a wonderful day ahead! Regards, The Electra Support Team

That solved my problem, among other problems all those options were deselected by default. Thanks for the reply.
Just a suggestion maybe these options should be mentioned in the "help" in the wires section. Or maybe I just missed it.

That solved my problem, among other problems all those options were deselected by default. Thanks for the reply. Just a suggestion maybe these options should be mentioned in the "help" in the wires section. Or maybe I just missed it.

Hi Adam,

You are most welcome and we are glad that the problem is resolved now.

Among other problems all those options were deselected by default

Thank you for letting us know, we have improved it in our latest Electra E9 version. At the current moment, please enable the options manually. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

These options should be mentioned in the "help" in the wires section

Thanks for your suggestion, we will add this into our help article in the future.

If you are facing any other problems, feel free to reach us again. We'll be happy to help you. Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,
The Electra Support Team.

Hi Adam, You are most welcome and we are glad that the problem is resolved now. **Among other problems all those options were deselected by default** Thank you for letting us know, we have improved it in our latest Electra E9 version. At the current moment, please enable the options manually. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. **These options should be mentioned in the "help" in the wires section** Thanks for your suggestion, we will add this into our help article in the future. If you are facing any other problems, feel free to reach us again. We'll be happy to help you. Thank you and have a nice day! Regards, The Electra Support Team.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft