Support Forums
Using Connectors

Hi, I've been using Electra Cloud for about a month now. We mostly use it as a sort of stand in for MS Visio. We create symbols and place connection points where necessary on the symbols, and I usually use connectors to piece them together. I've attached this picture to show what I'm trying to say:

616f105a4c426

This has lead me to an interesting problem. Take the scenario like I made below (I made this up just for an example, obviously there are better ways to orient the shape to prevent this in this specific case)

616f10a6a1ce3

In order to do this, I need to use several different connectors, both straight and elbowed, to make this connection. I've considered using Operations->Join, however, that just makes them into a shape which does not react well to stretching (see below).

616f10f5dbcad

My question is, is there a better way to accomplish this? Elbow connectors only seem capable of having at most 2 bends, which makes a connection in this shape impossible, and the join function obviously does not work in a scenario like this if I want to dynamically move my symbols around. Is there some way to "merge" connectors to make more complicated pathways, that still have the maneuverability of the elbow connectors? If not, might I suggest this as an addition?

Hi, I've been using Electra Cloud for about a month now. We mostly use it as a sort of stand in for MS Visio. We create symbols and place connection points where necessary on the symbols, and I usually use connectors to piece them together. I've attached this picture to show what I'm trying to say: ![616f105a4c426](serve/attachment&path=616f105a4c426) This has lead me to an interesting problem. Take the scenario like I made below (I made this up just for an example, obviously there are better ways to orient the shape to prevent this in this specific case) ![616f10a6a1ce3](serve/attachment&path=616f10a6a1ce3) In order to do this, I need to use several different connectors, both straight and elbowed, to make this connection. I've considered using Operations->Join, however, that just makes them into a shape which does not react well to stretching (see below). ![616f10f5dbcad](serve/attachment&path=616f10f5dbcad) My question is, is there a better way to accomplish this? Elbow connectors only seem capable of having at most 2 bends, which makes a connection in this shape impossible, and the join function obviously does not work in a scenario like this if I want to dynamically move my symbols around. Is there some way to "merge" connectors to make more complicated pathways, that still have the maneuverability of the elbow connectors? If not, might I suggest this as an addition?
edited Oct 19 '21 at 7:42 pm

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your feedback.

At the current moment, the connector and wires can only have a maximum of 2 bends. Therefore, we would recommend you to use wires rather than connectors. This is because you could connect multiple wires together to achieve the result in the image below:
616f97ecb6096

If you don't need a name on these wires, you could follow the steps below to set them to NoName:

1) Double click on a wire to open the wire properties window and click “Set to NoName”:
616f985231f2b

2) Drag and drop that wire onto your stencil to save it.
3) After that, you could drag and drop two wires onto your drawing and connect them together to have a complicated pathway. You may connect more than 2 wires together.

Hope that helps. Should you have any other inquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact us again. Thank you.

Hi Nick, Thanks for your feedback. At the current moment, the connector and wires can only have a maximum of 2 bends. Therefore, we would recommend you to use wires rather than connectors. This is because you could connect multiple wires together to achieve the result in the image below: ![616f97ecb6096](serve/attachment&path=616f97ecb6096) If you don't need a name on these wires, you could follow the steps below to set them to NoName: 1) Double click on a wire to open the wire properties window and click “Set to NoName”: ![616f985231f2b](serve/attachment&path=616f985231f2b) 2) Drag and drop that wire onto your stencil to save it. 3) After that, you could drag and drop two wires onto your drawing and connect them together to have a complicated pathway. You may connect more than 2 wires together. Hope that helps. Should you have any other inquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact us again. Thank you.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft