Feature Requests
RESOLVED - Add Designator to Bill of Materials

Could you add the Reference (Designator) to the Bill of Materials. It would be helpful for troubleshooting the auto generated report for duplicates.

60edbdd128fdf

Could you add the Reference (Designator) to the Bill of Materials. It would be helpful for troubleshooting the auto generated report for duplicates. ![60edbdd128fdf](serve/attachment&path=60edbdd128fdf)

Kris Kizlyk

edited Jul 14 at 7:06 pm

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the suggestion.

We would recommend you to use Material Reference Report to check the duplicates instead of using the Bill of Material Report.

Have a great day ahead!

Hi Kris, Thanks for the suggestion. We would recommend you to use Material Reference Report to check the duplicates instead of using the Bill of Material Report. Have a great day ahead!

Fair enough, but I would still like to have the Reference on the Bill of Materials. It greatly helps my technicians when they look at the drawings and try to decipher what part goes with which sometimes! smile

Fair enough, but I would still like to have the Reference on the Bill of Materials. It greatly helps my technicians when they look at the drawings and try to decipher what part goes with which sometimes! :D

Kris Kizlyk

Hi Kris,

For your information, Material Reference Report will show the references and components:
60ee84195141b

Therefore, we strongly believe that it is sufficient for your technician to find out the reference for the components. The reason for not adding references in BOM is that we only need to know which components to buy and the cost of the project.

For more information, please refer to this help article: https://radicasoftware.com/help/generating-and-exporting-reports/#material-reference-report.

Hope it helps.

Hi Kris, For your information, Material Reference Report will show the references and components: ![60ee84195141b](serve/attachment&path=60ee84195141b) Therefore, we strongly believe that it is sufficient for your technician to find out the reference for the components. The reason for not adding references in BOM is that we only need to know which components to buy and the cost of the project. For more information, please refer to this help article: https://radicasoftware.com/help/generating-and-exporting-reports/#material-reference-report. Hope it helps.

Perfect, I didn't realize that the Material Reference showed that. Thank you, sorry for the confusion.

Perfect, I didn't realize that the Material Reference showed that. Thank you, sorry for the confusion.

Kris Kizlyk

Hi Kris,
You're welcome.
If you have any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us again. We'd be happy to help. Have a nice day !
Regards,
The Electra Support Team

Hi Kris, You're welcome. If you have any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us again. We'd be happy to help. Have a nice day ! Regards, The Electra Support Team
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft